The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Sections/Elevation/3D Document/Worksheets/Details etc., Annotations, Texts, Labeling, Layouting, Renovation Filters, Graphic Overrides, Revisions/Issues, Printing/Plotting, PDF, Mark-Up/Web Reviewer, etc.

Moderators: Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, gkmethy

#276617
Barry Kelly wrote:In version 20 you can add section, plan and 3D previews of the 3D elements (i.e. not for 2D fills) right there in the schedule.

Barry.

Could you please specify how you select which elements (only those in use in the project) to show, and only once? Every wall shows up as an independent line in my schedule (AC 21).

Thanks in advance!
#276628
You may not be able to get exactly what you want automatically.
I use a pre-modeled assembly of Wall Types that can be pasted into the project as a Wall Legend.
The idea being to have a Wall Legend in large scale detail with full annotation, and the Walls of the Floor Plans as simple 2-line walls with a corresponding Wall Tag.
Attachments
2018-01-24_16-21-47.png
#276630
mattiasdh wrote:Could you please specify how you select which elements (only those in use in the project) to show, and only once? Every wall shows up as an independent line in my schedule (AC 21).

Thanks in advance!


The schedule will include every wall in you model unless you start to do things like add a unique ID to the wall and then add criteria to schedule only walls with that unique ID.

However if you are just doing an index where you want to show the preview and the name then just tick the 'Merge Uniform Items' when you open the schedule.
You can include some fields like quantity (total number of walls) and they should all still list as one item - as you are not listing any unique information.
But as soon as you try to schedule unique information (such as length or height) then you will start getting multiple items again if these values differ.

Barry.
#276645
Yes mattiasdh, The ID Manager is an important tool for scheduling but it is not always necessary for scheduling the information you need about the wall in a schedule. The walls can be on a layer where the layer extension is the number of the wall type. Something like these walls don't have any ID's assigned.

Image
Last edited by Steve Jepson on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
#276675
Steve Jepson wrote:YI use a pre-modeled assembly of Wall Types that can be pasted into the project as a Wall Legend.

Don't they get included in your total quantities that way? Or are they 2D representations?
Sorry for the maybe dumb questions, still a newbie in AC.
#276730
Steve, How are you annotating your detailed wall type views?

In AC21UK (5010) I am finding using labels for schedule view annotation generally crashes the prog. Adding a description in Cats & Props doesn't allow line breaks, so you can't list the skins there line by line.

In a ideal world I would be using the Axonometric view in the schedule and either labelling with a description or with numbers linked to keynotes but I can't seem to do either.
#276747
DGSketcher wrote:Steve, How are you annotating your detailed wall type views?

In AC21UK (5010) I am finding using labels for schedule view annotation generally crashes the prog. Adding a description in Cats & Props doesn't allow line breaks, so you can't list the skins there line by line.

In a ideal world I would be using the Axonometric view in the schedule and either labelling with a description or with numbers linked to keynotes but I can't seem to do either.
That sounds great.
If I understand the question correctly, my Wall Types Legend is not a schedule. It's just a saved View of some Walls with Labels.