The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Sections/Elevation/3D Document/Worksheets/Details etc., Annotations, Texts, Labeling, Layouting, Renovation Filters, Graphic Overrides, Revisions/Issues, Printing/Plotting, PDF, Mark-Up/Web Reviewer, etc.

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

By Dave Brach
I would love to be able to put a trace reference on a layout and have it print to pdf
By DGSketcher
Olde skoole draughting?

Graphic overrides! I have a rule that fades everything to grey and then build up the view with other rules to highlight the essential features. Your other option is to create the monochrome images as views and add them to your layout. You could even do the latter with a monochrome pen set if you don't want to use GO's and apply it to the layout view settings.
By Stress Co.
It works for me now... with one small caveat.
The trace reference drawing is hidden by coverfills on the layout drawing.
The "make fills & zones transparent" button (on the Trace palette) is for display only. :x
Attachments
Print Ref..png
By Dave Brach
thanks, I had not thought of graphic overrides, but I'll play around with that...
By Dave Brach
Marc, that "print reference" checkbox is grayed out for me for some reason.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 8.08.14 PM.png
By Stress Co.
Double check that your trace reference is active.
Otherwise... I can't think why.
By Dave Brach
yes, that was it, so I got it to work. thanks! however in the print dialog box, in the "arrangement" secction, mine shows sheets 5x3, and it is printing a 3' x 2' layout on what looks like 15 separate 8.5" x 11" sheets. any idea how to change that?
By Stress Co.
You need to change your paper size in "Page Setup".
By Dave Brach
Is there any way to get trace reference to show using the publisher set, instead of printing an individual layout by going to "File" then "print"? I typically use the publisher set to print all pdf layouts.
By Dave Brach
my other problem is that the trace reference view is set to renovation filter "planned status" but it shows up in the published pdf as "show all".