The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Sections/Elevation/3D Document/Worksheets/Details etc., Annotations, Texts, Labeling, Layouting, Renovation Filters, Graphic Overrides, Revisions/Issues, Printing/Plotting, PDF, Mark-Up/Web Reviewer, etc.

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

By zsvnc
When I measure the plan at different floor heights, it measures as if it were at the same level. The interesting thing is there's nothing on the lower floor. Including the stairs. But there's actually a difference.
Attachments
1.PNG
By Steve Jepson
zsvnc wrote:When I measure the plan at different floor heights, it measures as if it were at the same level. The interesting thing is there's nothing on the lower floor. Including the stairs. But there's actually a difference.

You will need to clarify that question. Are you talking about using the Level Dimension Tool?
Attachments
2018-01-25_23-06-35.png
By zsvnc
Steve Jepson wrote:
zsvnc wrote:When I measure the plan at different floor heights, it measures as if it were at the same level. The interesting thing is there's nothing on the lower floor. Including the stairs. But there's actually a difference.

You will need to clarify that question. Are you talking about using the Level Dimension Tool?

I put "level dimension" on the tiles at different heights. But it seems to be the same value. Actually, someone has to be "+ 3.00" and the other one should normally be "0.00." But the "level dimension" seems to be the same value wherever I put it.
By zsvnc
Steve Jepson wrote:

Attachments
res.jpg
By David Maudlin
zsvnc:

To use the Level Dimension Tool, the Slab must be on a visible Layer, you need to select the Slab option under Gravity, and you need to place it on the Slab. In your screen shot it looks like you are trying to place it in the void over the space below.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
By zsvnc
David Maudlin wrote:zsvnc:

To use the Level Dimension Tool, the Slab must be on a visible Layer, you need to select the Slab option under Gravity, and you need to place it on the Slab. In your screen shot it looks like you are trying to place it in the void over the space below.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

You understand the problem correctly but it didn't work.. I dont know why?
By zsvnc
[quote="David Maudlin"]zsvnc:

David[/quote]
Attachments
2.JPG
By Link
Level Dimensions are for plan only. You need to use the Linear Dimension set to Elevation type when working in elevations and sections.

Cheers,
Link.
Attachments
Linear Dimension set to Elevation.png
By Barry Kelly
The level dimension tool will only 'lock' to a slab, roof, mesh or shell in the plan view.
It will not dimension anything else (such as stair treads) or if there is a void.

In version 21 there is no need to use gravity - it is automatic.
Although gravity tool can be used if you have overlapping elements (roof & slab) - but TAB works just as well (you must have quick selection active (magnet for selecting - or use SPACBAR).

In earlier versions you do need to activate the gravity tool.

Barry.
Attachments
level_dim.jpg
By zsvnc
Thank you very much for all your help. I found to add level dimension. My rpbolem was about "Floor Plan Display > Show on Stories > Home & One Story Up & Down".

[b]So how can we add a level dimension on stairs landing?[/b]