The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Sections/Elevation/3D Document/Worksheets/Details etc., Annotations, Texts, Labeling, Layouting, Renovation Filters, Graphic Overrides, Revisions/Issues, Printing/Plotting, PDF, Mark-Up/Web Reviewer, etc.

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

By RandyC
How can I set my walls so the numbering - does not advance ?

Thank you , Randy
Attachments
ADVANCING ID.JPG
Just uncheck the box for "Assign New Element ID to Each New Element" in your Work Environment > User Preference Schemes > More Options panel as shown in the attached screenshot. As with all Work Environment panels, save your scheme and profile with a name so that you can quickly get those settings back if changed, or take your settings to another workstation.

Alternatively, so that you can have some elements with auto-increment and some without, leave the box checked and note that If, when you start placing elements with a tool, the ID field contains one or more numbers - however they are separated ... the last number will be incremented as you place additional elements. If the there are no numbers in your ID, nothing will be incremented.

If you later need to rename and/or renumber placed elements based on search criteria, the Element ID Manager can do that for you. See:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guide ... d-manager/
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 9.54.36 PM.jpg
By RandyC
Thank you Karl -- I thought there must be an easy way
The Element ID transfer settings looks a bit confusing however , do you know
of a tutorial on using this ?

Thanks, Randy
By Karl Ottenstein
RandyC wrote:Thank you Karl -- I thought there must be an easy way
The Element ID transfer settings looks a bit confusing however , do you know
of a tutorial on using this ?

You're welcome.

Not sure what your next question is. I mentioned the Element ID Manager in my post. The only transfer settings capability is the eyedropper / syringe = Element Transfer Settings, which can be customized to only transfer specific settings from one element to another. Help topic and videos here:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guide ... -settings/
By RandyC
Sorry i said it wrong I meant "Element ID Manager"
is there a tutorial on how to use this manager?