The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Tips and tricks, suggestions, problems. (regularly monitored by GSHQFAdmin)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy, apolgar, GSHQfadmin

By runxel
Joachim Suehlo wrote:It looks great, but the eye cannot find any resting place. For this reason it is confusing as it was not before, when we had tables to fit the topics. I am sorry to say, but for me it is not so user friendly as before.

It's way too less visual hierarchy... I'd agree on that.
Funnily quotes are now the most eye-catching thing here.

"Fresh – but blurry"
By shtarkel
Well done, thank you for the upgrade, the engine works great. Just if possible is there a way to change the background with a darker one? Also if possible to make the font a bit more contrast as others have stated. Cheers :wink:
By Stress Co.
I like that we can mark a topic as "solved" (green checkmark).
By Karl Ottenstein
Agree. I like that if you click the green checkmark in the topic title (which appears after a post has been marked as the solution) that you jump to solution, vs hunting for it. :-)
By Stress Co.
Karl Ottenstein wrote:Agree. I like that if you click the green checkmark in the topic title (which appears after a post has been marked as the solution) that you jump to solution, vs hunting for it. :-)

+1 Did not know that.

Somewhere in the FAQ's it mentions orange icons containing unread posts.
What is the significance of the bold icons in the forum & topic lists?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 4.45.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 4.45.40 PM.png (28.79 KiB) Viewed 12695 times
By sarahric
I just can't find where I can post a new topic. There is no button anywhere. I can reply to an existing post.
In the FAQ I found that there would be +newtopic button but I don't see this anywhere
By Barry Kelly
sarahric wrote:I just can't find where I can post a new topic. There is no button anywhere. I can reply to an existing post.
In the FAQ I found that there would be +newtopic button but I don't see this anywhere

This one?

Barry.
Attachments
new_topic.jpg
By Barry Kelly
Stress Co. wrote:Somewhere in the FAQ's it mentions orange icons containing unread posts.
What is the significance of the bold icons in the forum & topic lists?

I am not sure about the orange part but the dark (bold) icon means there is a new post.

Barry.
By sarahric
Barry Kelly wrote:
sarahric wrote:I just can't find where I can post a new topic. There is no button anywhere. I can reply to an existing post.

This one?

Barry.

Yeah, thanks Barry. How do you get to a page that shows this button?