The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Everything about GDL - Doors/Windows/Objects/Stairs etc. (Example: I created an object that prints an error message in 3D all the time, please help!)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy, Gergely Feher

I have a graphic override that overrides a particular SURFACE to display as another surface (very helpful for creating a "systems" model).

The override does not affect the surfaces of objects - in this case the AC 20 casework objects such as "Cabinet Base Double Door 20". The only way I can get the GO to override the surfaces on a library part is if I first use the "override surfaces" within the object model tab - thus making all surfaces of the object to be the same. (Confused, yet?)

This cannot be working as intended. Does anyone know a way around this issue so that GOs will actually override the surfaces within an object?
I think it is working as intended.
I think this is a limitation of this feature: it can override only whole elements, but not sub-elements within elements.
This means that it cannot override individual skins of Composite Structures, individual components of Complex Profiles, individual geometries within a GDL Object.
I think these would be a much bigger undertaking to program, hence the current level of implementation.