The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Tips and tricks, suggestions, problems. (regularly monitored by GSHQFAdmin)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy, apolgar, GSHQfadmin

By Geoffroy Magnan
Did I play with some strange settings in my browser or did GS change the style sheet for the forum ?

The previous version seemed more clear and readable, and the replies were coloured, making it easier to follow the threads
By GSHQfadmin
Hi,

Please specify the problematic items. The company guideline doesn't allow too much possibility for the customization, but maybe we can make some changes.

Cheers,
Peter
Last edited by GSHQfadmin on Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Geoffroy Magnan
GSHQFAdmin wrote:Please specify the problematic items. The company guideline doesn't allow too much possibility for the customization, but maybe we can make some changes.

The quote being automatically coloured was IMHO more clear and the font size for the list of topics are all mixed... I think the "standard" phpbb font size were quite right http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/index.php... Maybe is it a habit, or personnal preferences, but I think mixing font size (first page with forum description with big fonts, then list of topics with small ones) isn't a good way to achieve "readability"...

And the wide border around tables are less "elegant"... but this is purely a personnal taste !
Last edited by Geoffroy Magnan on Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Matthew Lohden
I have also seen a change in the display of the forum. Besides the change in the quotations from colored to black, the size of the type used to display the forum topics has gotten smaller to the point of being difficult to read.
By Dave Jochum
Geoffroy Magnan wrote:Did I play with some strange settings in my browser or did GS change the style sheet for the forum ?

The previous version seemed more clear and readable, and the replies were coloured, making it easier to follow the threads

I was going to ask the exact same question--I thought it was something on my end. Anyway, I like the new font sizes better, but the lack of distinguishing color for the quotes is far less readable. Preference for font size of course will be dependent on screen resolution.
By Stephen Dolbee
The change must have been more than just the display. I can now stay logged on for the first time since the forum was started.

Steve
By stefan
I still see the typical phpBB icons and they are clearly not fitting in the general design!