The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions closely related to ARCHICAD. (Example: Do we need a Linux version of ARCHICAD?)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy, Csaba Kézér, mtron

By aahatimo
has the current 2018 build of ac 9 been tested for compatability with apple's upcoming release of os 10.4 tiger?
By Mike Hann
Related to the release of Tiger, I have heard that tiger has improved open GL capabilities. I wonder how this will effect using Archicad?
By Aussie John
good question - may be you can try it out for us :D
My gut feeling is it will work but will be some gremlins
By Chazz
Good Question. Apple just sent word that my copy of Tiger will be here in two days. Could someone from GS please address this question?
By Mike Hann
It does seem like someone from Graphisoft should make the plunge first and let us know how it goes...
By aahatimo
Mike Hann wrote:It does seem like someone from Graphisoft should make the plunge first and let us know how it goes...

hopefully gs has had the beta version for some time. are there any ac user's that were involved with tiger beta? non disclosure should be up, friday....
By gkmethy
We have tested ArchiCAD 8.1 and ArchiCAD 9 on Tiger, and have not found any major problems. These issues were found so far:

- It is not possible to change the Redline color and font in Project Reviewer running under Safari or Internet Explorer. It is also impossible to send e-mails from the Project Reviewer Environment.

- The ArchiCAD desktop icon is different on 10.4 and 10.3.
By aahatimo
thanks for the info gergely! the issues you have found so far are not deal breakers.
is it faster and better?
timo