The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Discussions about any other product with no dedicated forum - MEP Modeler, ARCHICAD Goodies, 3rd-party Add-Ons, operating systems, products of other vendors, etc. (Example: Which Add-On is the best for creating special Stairs?)

Moderators: Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, ejrolon, Barry Kelly, gkmethy

By rm
Hurrah for the "good guys" ;)

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/s ... orter.html

Now if GS would optimize AC for the Mac OS we would have something. If any of you have run AC on a Mac next to a Windows machine you would know what I mean. I hate to admitt it, but for cutting sections / elevations / 3d AC on Windows seems to be WAY faster.

Cheers
By ejrolon
And QuickDraw is being phased out and the new specs that AC will have to use show and almost 5x improvement if it uses the new Quartz in Software Mode and with a good GPU programmable card the improvement is over 40X.

arstechnica.com/reviews/os/macosx-10.4.ars/14
By rm
ejrolon wrote:And QuickDraw is being phased out and the new specs that AC will have to use show and almost 5x improvement if it uses the new Quartz in Software Mode and with a good GPU programmable card the improvement is over 40X.

arstechnica.com/reviews/os/macosx-10.4.ars/14

Eduardo, do you know if Graphisoft is actually implementing this change, or rather is this just wishfull thinking? Maybe GS will chime in on this.
By ejrolon
No idea about GS, but I hope they do since we are not talking about a minimum improvement. At least they did release the Automator plugin at the same time as 10.4 so somebody is keeping current over there. Also they don't have much choice because as the article says QuickDraw is being phased out, not tomorrow, but sometime soon.
By outpostarc
I think it is a good thing to see graphisoft put out this plug-in concurrently with Tiger. That shows a high level of commitment to me. Thanks GS
By gerstenlaub
This Spotlight PlugIn is a god thing.

But it would be really great, if it can search any placed Text in ArchiCAD
(Or does it already? I haven't tested yet)

regards

gerstenlaub

(And i love the spellcheck function in this forum software. that helps me a lot...)