The Global ARCHICAD Community

Stay informed. Get help. Share your knowledge.

Installation and download/setup issues; upgrading, operating system compatibility; getting started/training guides/tutorials. (Example: I cannot launch ARCHICAD, please help!)

Moderators: ejrolon, Barry Kelly, Karl Ottenstein, LaszloNagy, gkmethy

By Dwight
Just used the search function in an ArchiCAD Open dialog. Found all the fles with a name like what I wanted. Voom. No noodling. Worth a buck right there.

Looking for obscure library part? Computer-wide search engine found in "Load Other Object From File Dialog" YES!!!
By Pablo
Just installed Tiger on the dual G5... two words.. [censored]! and SMOKING!

+pablo

ps: I did an erase and clean install to take care of some pesky font issues :)
By Dwight
If you cut back on smoking for a week, you should have no problem with my book.

What feature do you like best?

Have things sped up?
By Pablo
kind of a tie there.. dashboard and spotlight..

Yes, faster (snappier if that's the word) I am working on the same file as two days before and it moves noticably faster for me..

+pablo
By Dwight
Seems about the same speed as usual for me. Doesn't like my DVD writer anymre. dang..

Note that Spotlight feature attaches search function to bottom of Contextual Menu in many applications when text is highlighted.... neat.
By Thomas Holm
If you manage to read through this:
http://arstechnica.com/reviews/os/macosx-10.4.ars
you'll find that Tiger's real screen drawing acceleration (Quartz 2D Extreme) isn't even enabled yet!

I wonder how it'll affect Archicad's speed when it is. I'm afraid there's some old Quickdraw code still present in our favorite CAD system...